MicroCare, LLC., based in New Britain, CT, was established to meet the demand for perfectly clean products in electronics and the metal finishing industries. The first MicroCare critical cleaning products were aerosol solvents for defluxing circuit boards.
Today MicroCare, LLC serves customers in electronics, assembly, medical device manufacturing, aerospace and military applications, photonics, injection molding, additive manufacturing, telecommunications and other important markets.
MicroCare, LLC is an exciting place to work, where you can bring your experience, talent and ideas.
We are currently looking for a Custodian to maintain a clean and safe environment for the day-to-day operations for all facilities through cleaning and general maintenance.
The hours for this position are 6am -2:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- Perform general building maintenance: cleaning and stocking of bathrooms, trash removal, dispenser refilling, kitchen cleaning, furniture cleaning, window washing, scrubbing walls, mopping and vacuuming floors, cleaning trash cans and changing light bulbs.
- Sanitize door handles and surfaces throughout each facility, for both manufacturing and front offices, on a rotating schedule.
- Perform floor maintenance; operate the floor machine in the warehouse, sweeping, buffing and sealing.
- Responsible for the manual outdoor maintenance; shovel, clean sidewalks, pick-up outdoor trash.
- Perform some repairs and maintenance of buildings: patching walls and doors, painting walls and trim; as well as replacing fixtures, partitions, damaged ceilings, floor tiles and carpeting.
- Maintain inventory for cleaning products.
- Move office furniture and machinery as needed.
- Notify management concerning the need for major repairs, additions to lighting, and HVAC issues.
- Help out in other areas of the warehouse as needed.
- May need to be available off-hours to assist in snow removal and ensure facility is clear for daily operations.
- Promote an incident free workplace by complying with safety policies and procedures and participate in company safety trainings.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
- High School diploma or GED. Three years of custodial work experience
- Mechanical aptitude preferred
- Working knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment
- Valid CT Driver’s License in good standing
- Must be able to work independently
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly, improvise and be creative
All qualified applicant well receive consideration for employment with out regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Ability to lift 50lbs required
- Frequently stands, walks, stoops, crouches, climbs, pushes and pulls
- Comfortable and confident climbing ladders
- Work environment subject to seasonal temperature variation