Director of Global Supply Chain 31722
Imagine working for a company that knows their employees are the key to its success, a company that provides exceptional results while being environmentally conscious and ahead of the curve in research and development; MicroCare LLC is that company. We are a trusted global provider of critical cleaning solutions with a best-in-class employee population. Currently we are searching for a Director of Global Supply Chain to complement and enhance this function.
MicroCare, LLC is an ISO 9001:2015 registered company specializing in cleaning coating and lubricating fluids used in the installation and manufacture of a broad range of products in the electronics, medical, fiber optic and metal fabricating industries. Since 1983 we have pioneered hundreds of environmentally progressive and sustainable products in response to emerging regulatory demands and our customers' evolving cleaning and coating needs.
We are a company with heart. At all our facilities across the globe, we work in a cheerful, inclusive, and collaborative environment where we respect, encourage, and support our customers, our suppliers and each other. We like to laugh; have fun and we make an important impact.
MicroCare, LLC offers competitive salaries and benefits: Medical, Dental, Disability, 401k plan, Holiday and Paid Time Off. We strive to connect with, engage with and improve the lives of our employees, our customers, and the communities in which we operate. We are headquartered in central Connecticut accessible from both Greater Hartford and New Haven.
Drive operational excellence by developing and executing company-wide strategy focused on procuring services, raw materials and finished good supplies to ensure adequacy of manufacturing process and timely customer response on a global scale.
- Oversee domestic and international sourcing to support local and global needs in the most cost- effective manner possible.
- Identity and expand current list of vendors for sourcing products to lower product costs and improve overall profitability of the company.
- Possess proficiency in ERP software and ensure proper data hygiene and utilization of software, leading by example.
- Leverage demand planning software to promote collaboration and engagement with commercial and operations teams.
- Develop purchasing metrics, implement effective demand planning practices, negotiate wins, and operate at a deeply tactical and strategic level as the nature of priorities changes.
- Support new product development initiatives with sourcing support of new materials as needed.
- Participate in regular cost review activities to partner with leadership to ensure proper margins are being maintained on finished goods.
- Lead all aspects of supply global chain including demand planning for CT, CO, UK, and Asia warehouses.
- Coach, mentor, evaluate and develop goals and accountability for all direct reports.
- Implement and create a culture of continuous improvement, proact and collaboration in demand planning.
- Manage purchasing and inventory balances to support manufacturing and distribution locations.
- Partner with sales, manufacturing, and finance leadership to ensure seamless supply chain of goods for manufacturing and distribution needs while driving P&L improvements.
- Utilize business information to analyze industry trends, economic data, and sales forecasts to proactively ensure supply chain related functions are operating at maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Procurement and Purchasing
- Serve as subject matter expert on raw material pricing, anticipated shortages and use strong understanding of the manufacturing functions to develop proactive plans to maximize profits and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Certify quality of all raw materials. Work closely with manufacturing to ensure proper specifications on raw materials are established and met.
- Create multi-year inventory strategy.
- Verify and enforce supplier performance (On-time delivery, quality, ethics, etc.) and holding suppliers accountable when performance does not meet expectations.
- Develop and manage supplier scorecard program.
- Maintain appropriate stock levels based on changes in demand, lead time and plant capacities.
- Develop multiple sourcing alternatives as appropriate for products.
- Negotiate the best prices and maintain critical vendor relationships.
- Oversee contracts/agreements with suppliers and ensure contracts are favorable to MicroCare.
- Execute “hands on” approach to ensure existing utilization of ERP system along with historic demand planning process to make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and drive adoption of MRP (Material resource planning) within the ERP system.
- Partner with global inventory management team to develop stocking strategies to achieve target inventory turnover while minimizing negative customer impacts due to product shortage or delays.
Departmental Role/Strategic Responsibility
- Partner with sales leaders to anticipate and meet customer related needs without sacrificing margins.
- Collaborate cross functionally to drive S&OP process focusing on demand plan, inventory management and overall business strategy.
- Act as trusted advisor and build and maintain relationships with other company leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to develop and execute a strategic supply chain roadmap.
- Develop KPIs to measure effectiveness of global supply chain operation and drive continuous improvement with demonstrable P&L impact.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10+ years of experience in purchasing or inventory management, with technical knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes, products, and applications.
- 10 years of experience working in a key leadership role in a manufacturing environment with thorough understanding of production processes, inventory production, production scheduling, shipping, ERP systems.
- Experience purchasing printed fiberboard and corrugated packaging as well as steel and plastic containers.
- Ability to drive change and impact influence without lines of formal authority.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal.
- Strong organizational, project management and multi-tasking skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Master’s degree.
- Multi-region or global experience.
- industry experience in specialty and commodity chemicals preferred.
- Frequently stands, walks.
- Continuous sitting and keyboard use.