MicroCare Corporation is a privately held corporation located in New Britain, Connecticut. MicroCare was established in 1983 to meet the demands of industry for precision cleaning systems. Today MicroCare is a dynamic, fast-moving team with hundreds of distributors world-wide, twenty regional sales representatives and a talented headquarters staff. We have the following job opening(s):
Technical Sales Manager — Fiber Optics, posted 9/27/2017
Senior Procurement Manager, posted: 9/18/2017
Technical Sales Manager — Fiber Optics
September 27, 2017
We are looking for a Technical Sales Manager to join our team.
The Technical Sales Manager will develop and manage Sticklers cleaning opportunities within the aerospace and military Datacom globally. They will be responsible for continuing to develop the relationship with our existing Direct OEM/Co-branded partners and to identify and develop new opportunities.
This position could be based at our headquarters in New Britain, CT. but some flexibility is possible.
1. Promote and support Sticklers products to the defined customer segment.
2. Communicate regularly with key global account team members to develop and execute account strategies globally.
3. Establish sales forecast and work to exceed that forecast annually.
4. Using a high level of knowledge regarding Sticklers products and services and their applications, act in a consultative role to the customer to ensure that they can easily order, install, and add value to their internal programs with Sticklers products and services.
5. Develop strategic account plans for the respective targeted accounts.
6. Provide specific guidance and direction to Sticklers product line on new products and technologies needed for said market.
7. Maintain sufficient knowledge of customer’s business to recognize opportunities and demonstrate to the customer ability to problem solve.
8. Establish sources to provide information or competitive pricing, market activities, transaction usage and other information about the assigned account(s) or target markets.
9. Provide direction to the customer service representatives in support of customer needs.
10. Assist in training and orientation of new customer sales organizations as required.
11. Attend industry trade shows to work booth and obtain sales leads.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Fiber Optics and Photonics) and three (3) to five (5) years related experience.
· A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
· Ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
· Manufacturing systems development and deployment.
· Strong customer orientation.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
· Ability to work in self-managed environment
· Excellent driving recordA successful ten years of related experience is preferred.
· Required to assist in setting-up and breaking down trade show materials.
Senior Procurement Manager
September 18, 2017
The Senior Procurement Manager is a new post at MicroCare. This person will work closely with the suppliers and internal stakeholders at MicroCare to drive performance management, quality assurance, continuous improvement, innovation, supply availability and competitive costs.
This position must be based at our headquarters in New Britain, CT.
1. Lead strategic sourcing projects withManufacturing, Quality, R&D, and external business partners to ensure material quality, cost and availability
2. Lead company efforts to expand our ability to source raw materials for new products, new channels, and new geographies
3. Perform spend, contract and market analysis for raw material categories and set goals for cost reductions
4. Conduct RFQ events. Prepare bid analysis to support annual and multi-year contracts and monitor compliance
5. Ensure adherence and compliance to procurement processes and policies
6. Work closely with Manufacturing and Sales to develop and monitor demand forecasts and identify demand changes/improvements
7. Provide input to Manufacturing to reduce costs by improving manufacturing processes
8. Partner with Accounting to maintain accurate reporting of purchasing transactions
9. Communicate with Finance to monitor vendors’ financial strength and stability
10. Generate materials in support of presentation, workshops and negotiations
11. Communicate sourcing decisions to Management Leadership team along with periodic reports of supply chain issues, vendor performance, and cost reduction results.
12. Conduct onsite vendor audits at major suppliers
13. Ensure compliance with ISO procedures
The ideal candidate will have the following:
o 5-7 years’ experience in strategic sourcing
o Minimum of two years of experience managing complex acquisition environment and projects (required)
o Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field (required), Master’s Degree preferred
o Progressive experience utilizing “Just In Time” inventory control processes
o Experience with Six Sigma and lean manufacturing
o Ability to form strong alignment with Stakeholders and Sr. Leadership Team
o Sound interpersonal skills to work within cross-functional teams
o Advanced analytical skills with the capability to strategically drive and deliver objectives and execution
o Initiative to deliver business results and improvement to P&L
o Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
We ask all of our employees to work hard to satisfy our customers, to bring imagination to work each day, help us discover how we can do our jobs better, and to remember to have fun. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please send your resume, bio, position you’re applying for to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.638.0125.