MicroCare Privacy Statement
Effective from December 16, 2013.
Table of Contents
- Scope and Consent
- Global Privacy Standards
- Mobile Privacy
- Children’s Privacy
- Collection of Personal Information
- Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
- Use of Personal Information
- Using Information You Get from MicroCare
- No Spam, Spyware, or Spoofing
- How We Protect and Store Your Personal Information
- Third Parties
- Contact Us
Scope and Consent
If you reside outside of the United States, you are contracting with one of our international MicroCare companies: In countries within the European Union, your data controller is MicroCare Europe bvba, Havendoklaan 19, Cargovil, Vilvoorde, Belgium B-1804 and in all other countries your data controller is MicroCare LLC, 595 John Downey Drive, New Britain, CT 06051 USA.
Global Privacy Standards
The microcare.com website is a general audience website, and it and its related sites, applications, services, and tools are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
Collection of Personal Information
You can browse our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you register for an account with us, you give us your personal information, and you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We collect the following types of personal information in order to provide you with the use of and access to our sites, applications, services, and tools, and to help us personalize and improve your experience:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit our sites, use our applications, services, and tools, or interact with our advertising or content, we automatically collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile device, or other access device. This information is associated with you personally only when sign in as a registered user, and includes but is not limited to:
- device ID or unique identifier, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, IP address, and standard web log information,
- Information you give us: We collect and store any information you enter on our sites or you provide to us in context of using our sites, applications, services or tools. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Information you provide us when registering for an account, including email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- addition information you may provide to us via social media sites or services
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- information provided in the context of community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, or correspondence sent to us
- additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list)
Mobile: When you download or use our Mobile Applications, or access one of our mobile optimized sites, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable location services in the device’s setting’s menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
Information Sharing and Registration with Social Media Websites
We offer services that allow you to share information with third-party social media websites such as Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and others.
Use of Personal Information
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with access to our sites and/or use of our services, applications and tools, provide you with requested customer service and relevant information about your account and our services, and to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide you access to our sites and the services and customer support you request;
- prevent, detect, and investigate, fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure and improve our services and content;
- contact you, either via email or telephone, to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems with your account or our sites, services, applications or tools, or for other purposes authorized by law.
- contact you, either via email or telephone to inform you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- provide you other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
Using Information from MicroCare
MicroCare encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information.
The user may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies though our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet Browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the user deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
No Spam, Spyware, or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your MicroCare communication preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other MicroCare users, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report MicroCare-related spam or spoof emails to MicroCare, please forward the email to [email protected] You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer-a-Friend or other tools), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
How We Protect and Store Your Personal Information
We store and process your information that we collect on our computers in the US and elsewhere in the world where our facilities are located. We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted by law.
MicroCare promises to protect all confidential information shared with us. Only those assigned to a project are granted access to relevant materials. We are happy to sign confidentiality agreements or non-disclosures. We keep our customer information truly private.
If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at:
MicroCare LLC, Attn: Legal – Global Privacy Practices
2145 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, California 95125,
More information about the Global Privacy Office or how to contact us is available at our MicroCare Privacy Center.