Lab Technician 51523
Imagine working for a company that knows their employees are the key to its success, a company that provides exceptional results while being environmentally conscious and ahead of the curve in research and development; MicroCare LLC is that company. We are a trusted global provider of critical cleaning solutions with a best-in-class employee population. Currently we are searching for a Lab Technician for our Critical Cleaning Lab.
MicroCare, LLC is an ISO 9001:2015 registered company specializing in cleaning coating and lubricating fluids used in the installation and manufacture of a broad range of products in the electronics, medical, fiber optic and metal fabricating industries. Since 1983 we have pioneered hundreds of environmentally progressive and sustainable products in response to emerging regulatory demands and our customers' evolving cleaning and coating needs.
We are a company with heart. At all our facilities across the globe, we work in a cheerful, inclusive, and collaborative environment where we respect, encourage, and support our customers, our suppliers and each other. We like to laugh; have fun and we make an important impact.
MicroCare, LLC offers competitive salaries and benefits: Medical, Dental, Disability, 401k plan, Holiday and Paid Time Off. We strive to connect with, engage with and improve the lives of our employees, our customers, and the communities in which we operate. We are headquartered in central Connecticut accessible from both Greater Hartford and New Haven.
You will support the Microcare chemistry team by preparing, conducting, and evaluating test results of products for quality control, technical service, R&D and maintenance of environmental standards.
- Set up and conduct chemical experiments, tests, and analyses using techniques such as: dual bulb, fractional distillation, closed cup flammability, vapor degreasing, NVR, microscopy, PCB board cleaning and build aerosol cans.
- With guidance from chemists, coordinate testing schedules and protocols.
- Prepare samples of developmental products and perform established product performance testing. Prepare corresponding reports on results.
- Provide ad hoc support to manufacturing on quality issues with commercialized products.
- Conduct standardized testing to qualitative and quantitative testing to ensure raw materials and products meet specifications.
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment as needed, update daily work logs and inventory supplies. Keep laboratory clean and organized.
- Develop and implement work instructions for laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Compose and review written communications with internal stakeholders on activities and results.
- Assist with scale-up processes of prototypes into full production.
- Calculate formulas, percentages or production specific factors as required.
- Generate Certificates of Acceptance and Analysis.
- Support the training process for new hires.
- Ensure laboratory adherence to ISO: 9001 procedures and work instructions.
- Promote an incident free workplace by complying with safety policies and procedures and participate in company safety training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working in a laboratory setting performing analytical testing.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ability to work independently.
- History in performing laboratory related tasks in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
- Proficiency with Good Documentation Practices (GDP) including but not limited to results, observations, and technical reports.
- Ability to interpret results of tests and analyses and generating Certificates of Analysis.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, delivering information and inquiries.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The job requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2+ years of hands-on work experience with lab procedures, equipment, and various chemical compounds.
- 2+ years of Good Documentation Practices (GDP,) including but not limited to results, observations, and technical reports.
- 2+ years exp. generating Certificates of Analysis and Acceptance.
- Understanding of general laboratory etiquette with ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to calibrate lab instruments.
- Experience documenting and presenting results to lab, excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational practices and detail oriented.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- One plus year of hands-on work experience with lab procedures, equipment (gas chromatograph, Karl Fischer) and various chemical compounds.
- Associate’s degree or higher, in a science, from an accredited college.
- Industrial manufacturing background.
- Knowledge of solvent-based chemistry.
- Strong mathematical abilities.
Prior experience with ISO 9001 quality standards
- Continuous Sitting.
Continuous keyboard use/ repetitive hand motion.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Apply for this position here