Senior Chemist 63021
Analyze field issues and competitive products. Manage laboratory technical service projects and supervise lab technicians/chemists. Formulate new products. Conduct chemical laboratory tests to analyze chemicals and customer parts for technical service and R&D projects.
- Develop analytical methods to test incoming raw materials and approve outgoing MicroCare products.
- Develop new products for MicroCare based on discussions and direction from the team and on individual discovery and research.
- Familiarity with GC and other chromatographic methods, IR and other spectroscopic methods, physical and wet chemical techniques.
- Perform those quality tests and/or supervise their operation by other(s).
- Develop and implement proper record keeping protocols.
- Use chemical analysis and literature research to investigate customer and field issues with MicroCare products as well as competitive products.
- Act as technical lead on vapor degreasing lab evaluations and equipment.
- Oversee workload and directly supervise team of Chemists and Lab Technicians.
- Interact directly with MicroCare salespeople, representatives, distributors, and customers in a technical support role for sales.
- Assist with training and professional development of laboratory staff.
- Participate in appropriate quality procedures for ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Be actively involved in health, safety, and regulatory initiatives for the company.
- Maintain a clean lab workspace, laboratory instruments, and equipment.
- Order and inventory materials to maintain supplies.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- B.S. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 3-5 years of hands-on work experience with lab procedures, equipment, and chemicals.
- One year of supervisory/management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Understanding of general laboratory etiquette, excellent troubleshooting and communication skills required.
- Experience with patent writing a plus.
- Proficient in Office 365 and Gas Chromatography
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
- Continuous Sitting
- Continuous keyboard use/ repetitive hand motion
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.