Now is the time to replace TCE. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently completed the risk evaluation process required by TSCA for trichloroethylene (TCE). It found that TCE poses unreasonable risk to workers, occupational non-users, consumers, and bystanders for 52 out of 54 conditions of use. So now is the time to switch to a safer solvent. Contact our applications specialists today. They can help you make a smooth and easy transition to cleaning fluids that are safer for workers and the environment.
For those proactively looking to replace TCE for their vapor degreasing cleaning applications, Tergo™ Metal Cleaning Fluid (MCF) is an excellent TCE replacement.
Here are some benefits of Tergo MCF.
- Low conversion cost: In many cases, Tergo MCF uses your existing equipment. After emptying and cleaning the vapor degreaser, Tergo MCF “drops in” to the machinery without an appreciable change to the cleaning process.
- Same or better cleaning: Tergo MCF is lab-tested and analyzed, ensuring reliable, consistent cleaning results.
- Easy maintenance: Tergo MCF does not require stabilizers, scavengers or weekly acid acceptance tests.
- HAP (Hazardous Air Pollutant) Exempt: Tergo MCF does not require HAP testing, documentation or reporting.
- Nonflammable: Tergo MCF is nonflammable. It is a preferred choice of OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) managers.
- Low environmental impact: With zero ozone depletion potential and a global warming potential under 10, it is a sustainable TCE alternative.
- Improved worker safety: Tergo MCF has an ACGIH long-term exposure limit (8-hour TWA) of 200 ppm.
- Proven performer: Tergo MCF has over 5 years of proven cleaning performance and is NASA approved.
Transition support: The MicroCare Critical Cleaning Lab performs cleaning qualification trials on your parts using Tergo MCF. The MicroCare application specialists also provide ongoing transitioning support to Tergo MCF.