Tergo MCF (Metal Cleaning fluid) is an effective, sustainable cleaner with a low global warming potential
- Used in the aerospace, automotive, medical, oil exploration and industrial sectors
- Use as a metal cleaner or a flux remover
- Removes hardened greases, oils, caramelized flux residues, rosins, fingerprints and ionic contaminants
- Cleans the widest variety of metal alloys
- An excellent replacement for HCFCs, nPB, perc and TCE
- Fast drying has a low boiling point for maximum throughput in a vapor degreaser – cleaned parts are processed and used immediately
- High soil loading capacity to reduce downtime associated with fluid change-outs
- An azeotrope, for maximum stability and easy recycling
- Handles a greater concentration of dissolved water without using alcohol additives or desiccants
- Ideal for use with ultrasonics to overcome gravitational and intermolecular forces which bind particulates to substrates
- Maintenance free – eliminates the need for acid acceptance testing and scavengers
- Specifically engineered for fast, consistent and economical cleaning in vapor degreasers
- Drop-in replacement – requires minor or no modifications to existing vapor degreasers
- With a low surface tension, low viscosity and high density, it cleans great inside tight, complex spaces
- Very good materials compatibility
- Nonflammable for facility safety
- Almost no aroma for happier workers
- Requires no surfactants and unlike aqueous cleaning, removes extra washing steps to get residue-free parts
- Tergo Metal Cleaning Fluid is hostile to pyrogens
- Thermally and chemically stable for long fluid life
- Very good toxicity rating for worker and environmental safety
- Recyclable inside a vapor degreaser – reduces cost of ownership and environmental footprint
- Not a HAP (Hazardous Air Pollutant)
- RoHS, REACH, F-GAS and WEEE compliant
|Part Number||Package||Weight||Size||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|TMCFEUGL Tergo MCF MCC-TMCFEUGL||Glass||1.1 k 2.5 lbs.||1 Liter 1 quart|
|TMCFEUGG MCF Tergo MCC-TMCFEUGG||Glass||4.5 k 10 lbs.||3.9 Liters 1 Gallon|
|TMCFEUG MCF MCC-TMCFEUG||Metal||4.5 k 10 lbs.||3.9 Liters 1 Gallon|
|TMCFEUP Tergo MCF MCC-TMCFEUP||Pail||20.4 k 45 lbs.||19 Liters 5 Gallon|
|TMCFEUD MCF Tergo MCC-TMCFEUD||Drum||226.8 k 500 lbs.||200 Liters 55 Gallon|
|Weight||1.1 k 2.5 lbs.||4.5 k 10 lbs.||4.5 k 10 lbs.||20.4 k 45 lbs.||226.8 k 500 lbs.|
|Size||1 Liter 1 quart||3.9 Liters 1 Gallon||3.9 Liters 1 Gallon||19 Liters 5 Gallon||200 Liters 55 Gallon|
|Technical Data Sheet|
|Safety Data Sheet|
|PEL (ppm, 8-hr TWA)||200 ppm|
|Boiling Point||47°C / 117°F|
|Chemical Family||HFO Solvent|
|Cleaning Strength (Kb)||>100|
|Global Warming Rating (100yr)||<10|
|RoHS & WEEE Compliant|
|Surface Tension||21 Dy/cm|
- How Does Vapor Degreasing Work?
- Do MicroCare Solvents 'Turn Acidic' Like Old-Style Cleaners?
- How is MicroCare Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- Are MicroCare Cleaners SNAP Approved and Accepted?
- Are MicroCare Critical Cleaning Fluids Ozone-Safe?
- Can I Use nPB in My Cleaning System?
- Can I Use TCE (Trichloroethylene or Trike) In My Vapor Degreaser?
- What are good HCFC-225 Replacements?
- What is MIM?
- Why Consider a Vapor Degreaser?
- What Does Vapor Degreaser Hardware Cost?
- Why Is Vapor Degreasing Better for Critical Cleaning than Other Technologies?
- What Is AK-225 and Can I Use It for Cleaning?
- What Is a 'Wetting Index' and What Does It Tell Me About a Solvent and Cleaning Results?
- How Can Cleaning with Vapor Degreasers Save Electricity?
- Why Do Heavy, Dense Solvents Clean Better than Lighter Fluids?
- How Does the Surface Tension of a Solvent Affect My Cleaning Results?
- What Is a 'Kb Value' and What Does It Mean?
- Are There Any Materials Compatibility Problems with MicroCare Solvents?
- How Can I Monitor My Workers' Exposures to Solvent Fumes?
- What Is the Shelf Life of MicroCare Cleaners?
- What is the Best nPB Replacement?
- How do smoothing fluids work?
- How Do I Choose a Debinding Fluid for 3D Printed Metal Parts?
- Are Vapor Degreasing Solvents Flammable?
- What is Metal Additive Manufacturing?
- How Does the Viscosity of a Solvent Affect My Cleaning Results?
- What's the Best Way to Store and Move Those Heavy Drums of Solvents?
- What Is Viscosity?
- How Does the Boiling Point of a Solvent Affect Cleaning Results?
- What Is the Meaning of a Fluid Toxicity Rating, Like a PEL or TLV?
- What Is the Truth About the Toxicity of nPB?
- Are There Different Solvent Grades of Purity?
- Is a Bi-Solvent Cleaning System a Good Option for Critical Cleaning?
- What Are the Benefits of Azeotropes for Precision Cleaning?
- What's an Azeotrope and Why Should I Care?
- Is Co-Solvent Cleaning in a Vapor Degreaser a Good Option?
- Which Solvent Is Best to Remove Insoluble Particulate?
- Is Personal Protective Equipment Required When Working with Solvents?
- What's the Proper Disposal Process for MicroCare Solvents? Can They Be Recycled?
- How Do I Ship MicroCare Solvents and Keep Freight Costs Low?
- What Are the Benefits of Using a Vapor Degreaser? How Does It Save Me Money?
- Do MicroCare Cleaners Contribute to Global Warming?
- Do MicroCare Cleaners Contain Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)?
- Are MicroCare Cleaners F.D.A. Approved?
- Are MicroCare Precision Cleaners Mil-Spec Approved?
- What Is “Critical Cleaning”?
- What Is the MicroCare Way?
- What Is nPB?
- What Are Halogenated Solvents?
- Can I Use IPA in a Vapor Degreaser or Ultrasonic Cleaner?
- What's the Difference Between an Aqueous Ultrasonic Cleaner and a Vapor Degreaser?
- Will MicroCare Solvents Work with Ultrasonics?
- Which Precision Cleaning Fluid Is the Mildest?
- Which Precision Cleaning Fluid Is the Strongest?
- How to Replace nPB in Your Cleaning Process
- Lab & Analytical Services from MicroCare
- Coming Clean on Vapor Degreasing: What It Is and How It Works
- What is an Azeotrope?
- COVID-19 Becomes a Driver in Factory Automation
- The Manufacturing Challenge of COVID-19
- What’s the Difference Between Aqueous and Solvent Cleaning?
Safety Data Sheet
- USA (English) (opens in a new tab)
- Canada (English) (opens in a new tab)
- Canada (French) (opens in a new tab)
- Chinese (Simplified) (opens in a new tab)
- Czech Republic (opens in a new tab)
- Denmark (opens in a new tab)
- Finland (opens in a new tab)
- France (opens in a new tab)
- Germany (opens in a new tab)
- Hungary (opens in a new tab)
- Italy (opens in a new tab)
- Japan (opens in a new tab)
- Malaysia (opens in a new tab)
- Malaysia (English) (opens in a new tab)
- Mexico (Spanish) (opens in a new tab)
- Netherlands (opens in a new tab)
- Norway (opens in a new tab)
- Poland (opens in a new tab)
- Portugal (opens in a new tab)
- Romania (opens in a new tab)
- Slovenia (opens in a new tab)
- Spain (opens in a new tab)
- Sweden (opens in a new tab)
- Turkey (opens in a new tab)
- United Kingdom (opens in a new tab)