Are You Ready?
N-propyl bromide (nPB) sunsets in Europe on July 4, 2020.
nPB, a solvent commonly used in vapor degreasing cleaning has been classified by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) as toxic for reproduction (category 1B) for adverse effects on sexual function and fertility or on development. nPB, also known as 1-Bromopropane or 1-BP, is now included in Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Annex XIV (PDF, 344 KB) to Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006 set out in Article 57(c). European users must replace nPB before July 4, 2020.
Tergo™ Metal Cleaning Fluid (MCF) makes an excellent replacement for nPB. It is available globally and approved for use world-wide.
Here are some of the benefits of Tergo MCF.
- Improved worker safety: Tergo MCF has an ACGIH long-term exposure limit (8-hour TWA) of 200 ppm – 200 times better than nPB.
- Proven performer: Tergo MCF has over 5 years of proven cleaning performance with case studies and documented case histories.
- Transition support: The MicroCare Critical Cleaning Lab performs cleaning qualification trials on your parts using Tergo MCF. The MicroCare application specialists also provide ongoing transitioning support to Tergo MCF.
- Low conversion cost: In many cases, Tergo MCF uses your existing equipment. After emptying and cleaning the vapor degreaser, Tergo MCF “drops in” to the machinery without an appreciable change to the cleaning process.
- Same or better cleaning: Tergo MCF is lab-tested and analyzed, ensuring reliable, consistent cleaning results.
- Low environmental impact: With zero ozone depletion potential and low global warming potential, it is a safe, sustainable replacement for nPB.
- Easier maintenance: Tergo MCF does not require the stabilizers, scavengers or weekly acid acceptance tests like nPB.