The Tergo CFCF (Chlorine Free Cleaning Fluid) is sustainable for maximum environmental protection
- High-temperature, high strength degreaser removes stubborn soils
- Excellent cleaning on all types of solder fluxes, oils, greases, waxes, pitch and particulates, paints, buffing compounds and anti-rust agents
- Ideal replacement for trichloroethylene (TCE), n-propyl bromide (nPB), benzene, Perchloroethylene (Perc) and methylene chloride
- Tergo CFCF has superior environmental characteristics
- Powerful, high temperature cleaning removes insoluble contamination
- Excellent materials compatibility with most metals, plastics and ceramics
- Parts come out clean, dry and near room temperature
- Maintenance free – eliminates the need for acid acceptance testing and scavengers
- Specifically engineered for fast, consistent and economical cleaning in vapor degreasers
- Drop-in replacement – requires minor or no modifications to existing vapor degreasers
- With a low surface tension, low viscosity and high density, it cleans great inside tight, complex spaces
- Nonflammable for facility safety
- Almost no aroma for happier workers
- Requires no surfactants and unlike aqueous cleaning, removes extra washing steps to get residue-free parts
- Hostile to pyrogens
- Thermally and chemically stable for long fluid life
- Very good toxicity rating for worker and environmental safety
- Recyclable inside a vapor degreaser – reduces cost of ownership and environmental footprint
- Chemical Family: Hydrocarbon cleaning solvent, HFC rinsing fluid
- Not a HAP (Hazardous Air Pollutant)
- RoHS, REACH, F-Gas, SNAP and WEEE compliant
Tergo CFCF is a two-part, nonflammable, non-chlorinated, multi-functional cleaning fluid engineered for use in vapor degreasers sometimes is referred to as a “an additve cleaning system.” The solvating additive is a proprietary, non-volatile mixture. The rinsing chemistry is a hydrofluorocarbon. Together, the system delivers excellent cleaning on all types of solder fluxes, oils, greases, waxes, and particulates, paints, buffing compounds and anti-rust agents.
The newer, safer fluids boil at or below 54°C / 130°F, which may not introduce enough thermal energy to remove these stubborn temperature-sensitive soils. Other fluids attempt to accomplish this by enhancing their products with trans-1,2 dichloroethylene, but they may be too aggressive on certain substrates. Tergo™ Chlorine Free Cleaning Fluid is a high temperature degreaser which allows the option of vapor degreaser cleaning at higher operating temperatures to dissolve materials like wax and heavy hydrocarbons.
Almost any existing two-sump vapor degreaser can be used with this product. A simple thermodynamic process inherent in the chemistry allows for maximum cleaning flexibility and broad compatibility with plastics and elastomers.
|Part Number||Package||Weight||Size||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|TCFCF01EU MCC-TCFCF01EU||Pail||20.5 kg 45 lbs.||19 Liter 5 Gallon|
|TCFCFRIEUP M2S-TCFCFRIEUP||Pail||25 kg 55 lbs.||19 Liter 5 Gallon|
|TCFCF01EUD M2S-TCFCF01EUD||Drum||204 kg 450 lbs.||200 Liter 55 Gallon|
|TCFCFRIEUD M2S-TCFCFRIEUD||Drum||227 kg 500 lbs.||200 Liters 55 Gallon|
|Weight||20.5 kg 45 lbs.||25 kg 55 lbs.||204 kg 450 lbs.||227 kg 500 lbs.|
|Size||19 Liter 5 Gallon||19 Liter 5 Gallon||200 Liter 55 Gallon||200 Liters 55 Gallon|
|Technical Data Sheet|
|Safety Data Sheet|
|PEL (ppm, 8-hr TWA)||See SDS|
|Boiling Point||52˚C / 126˚F (Rinse Fluid) 296˚C / 567˚F (Cleaning Fluid)|
|Chemical Family||Co-Solvent process|
|Evaporation Rate||Very Slow (Boil), Very Fast (Rinse)|
|Cleaning Strength (kb)||>120|
|Active Ingredients||Hydrocarbon cleaning solvent, HFC rinsing fluid|
|Flashpoint||None / Nonflammable|
|Ozone Impact (O.D.P.)||Zero|
|RoHS and WEEE Compliant|
- Is Co-Solvent Cleaning in a Vapor Degreaser a Good Option?
- What Are Halogenated Solvents?
- Do MicroCare Solvents 'Turn Acidic' Like Old-Style Cleaners?
- Do MicroCare Cleaners Contain Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)?
- How is MicroCare Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- What is MIM?
- Why Consider a Vapor Degreaser?
- What Does Vapor Degreaser Hardware Cost?
- How Does Vapor Degreasing Work?
- Why Is Vapor Degreasing Better for Critical Cleaning than Other Technologies?
- What Is AK-225 and Can I Use It for Cleaning?
- What Is a 'Wetting Index' and What Does It Tell Me About a Solvent and Cleaning Results?
- How Can Cleaning with Vapor Degreasers Save Electricity?
- Why Do Heavy, Dense Solvents Clean Better than Lighter Fluids?
- How Does the Surface Tension of a Solvent Affect My Cleaning Results?
- What Is a 'Kb Value' and What Does It Mean?
- Are There Any Materials Compatibility Problems with MicroCare Solvents?
- How Can I Monitor My Workers' Exposures to Solvent Fumes?
- What Is the Shelf Life of MicroCare Cleaners?
- What is the Best nPB Replacement?
- How do smoothing fluids work?
- How Do I Choose a Debinding Fluid for 3D Printed Metal Parts?
- Are Vapor Degreasing Solvents Flammable?
- What is Metal Additive Manufacturing?
- How Does the Viscosity of a Solvent Affect My Cleaning Results?
- What's the Best Way to Store and Move Those Heavy Drums of Solvents?
- What Is Viscosity?
- How Does the Boiling Point of a Solvent Affect Cleaning Results?
- Are MicroCare Cleaners SNAP Approved and Accepted?
- What Is the Meaning of a Fluid Toxicity Rating, Like a PEL or TLV?
- What Is the Truth About the Toxicity of nPB?
- Are There Different Solvent Grades of Purity?
- Is a Bi-Solvent Cleaning System a Good Option for Critical Cleaning?
- What Are the Benefits of Azeotropes for Precision Cleaning?
- What's an Azeotrope and Why Should I Care?
- Which Solvent Is Best to Remove Insoluble Particulate?
- Is Personal Protective Equipment Required When Working with Solvents?
- What's the Proper Disposal Process for MicroCare Solvents? Can They Be Recycled?
- How Do I Ship MicroCare Solvents and Keep Freight Costs Low?
- What Are the Benefits of Using a Vapor Degreaser? How Does It Save Me Money?
- Do MicroCare Cleaners Contribute to Global Warming?
- Are MicroCare Critical Cleaning Fluids Ozone-Safe?
- Are MicroCare Cleaners F.D.A. Approved?
- Are MicroCare Precision Cleaners Mil-Spec Approved?
- What Is “Critical Cleaning”?
- What Is the MicroCare Way?
- What Is nPB?
- Can I Use nPB in My Cleaning System?
- Can I Use TCE (Trichloroethylene or Trike) In My Cleaning System?
- Can I Use IPA in a Vapor Degreaser or Ultrasonic Cleaner?
- What's the Difference Between an Aqueous Ultrasonic Cleaner and a Vapor Degreaser?
- Will MicroCare Solvents Work with Ultrasonics?
- Which Precision Cleaning Fluid Is the Mildest?
- Which Precision Cleaning Fluid Is the Strongest?
- Cost-Effective Cleaning with Vapor Degreasing
- Choosing a Metal Parts Cleaning Method: What You Need to Know
- Building Sustainability into Your Cleaning Process
- Going Green to Clean with Vapor Degreasing
- Vapor Degreasing Infographic
- Develop Your Cleaning 'Scorecard' - Criteria in Selecting Cleaning Equipment
- Cleaning Scorecard Checklist Helps You Determine the Best Cleaning Method
- Rethink Your Cleaning Process: Modern Vapor Degreasing is a Good Option
- Vapor Degreasing: An Economical Choice for Precision Cleaning
- Maximize Profits and Productivity by Avoiding Inflexible Cleaning Processes
- Reduce Energy Costs with Vapor Degreasing
- Aqueous Cleaning Costs Explored; Report Published
- Vapor Degreasing – A Triple Threat to Contaminant
- Vapor Degreasing Fluids Remove Difficult Lead-Free and No-Clean Fluxes from Modern PCBS
- Top Ten Reasons to Switch to a Better Solvent
- Using the Numbers to Determine Worker Safety
- Ultimate Guide to nPB Replacements
- From Harmful Solvents to Modern Sustainable Cleaning Fluids
- How to Choose a Debinding Fluid for 3D Metal Printing
- Finishing Fluids for 3D Printed Parts
- Switching to a New Fluid: How to Measure Debinding Success
Safety Data Sheet
- USA (English) (opens in a new tab)
- Canada (French) (opens in a new tab)
- Chinese (Simplified) (opens in a new tab)
- Czech Republic (opens in a new tab)
- Denmark (opens in a new tab)
- Finland (opens in a new tab)
- Germany (opens in a new tab)
- Hungary (opens in a new tab)
- Japan (opens in a new tab)
- Mexico (Spanish) (opens in a new tab)
- Netherlands (opens in a new tab)
- Norway (opens in a new tab)
- Poland (opens in a new tab)
- Portugal (opens in a new tab)
- Romania (opens in a new tab)
- Spain (opens in a new tab)
- Sweden (opens in a new tab)
- Turkey (opens in a new tab)
- United Kingdom (opens in a new tab)