Opteon™ SF80 Specialty Fluid
Opteon™ SF80has a very low GWP, making it one of the most sutainable cleaning fluids on the market
- Removes a wide range of contaminants including oil, grease, fluxes, buffing compounds and silicone
- Ideal replacement for trichloroethylene (TCE), n-propyl bromide (nPB), benzene, Perchloroethylene (Perc) and methylene chloride
- Maintenance free - eliminates the need for acid acceptance testing and scavengers
- With a low surface tension, low viscosity and high density, it cleans great inside tight, complex spaces
- Very good materials compatibility with most plastics, elastomers and metals
- Hostile to pyrogens
- Nonflammable for facility safety
- Kb Value: 99
- <2.5 GWP (global Warming Potential)
- Not a HAP (Hazardous Air Pollutant)
- REACH, F-Gas and SNAP compliant
|Part Number||Package||Weight||Size||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|SF80GL SF80GL||Glass (sample Only)||1.4 kg 3 lbs.||1 L 1 Quart|
|SF80GG SF80GG||Glass||4.5 kg 10 lbs.||3.9 L 1 Gallon|
|SF80P SF80P||Pail||20.4 kg 45 lbs.||19 L 5 Gallons|
|SF80D SF80D||Drum||226.8 kg 500 lbs.||200 L 55 gallons|
|Package||Glass (sample Only)||Glass||Pail||Drum|
|Weight||1.4 kg 3 lbs.||4.5 kg 10 lbs.||20.4 kg 45 lbs.||226.8 kg 500 lbs.|
|Size||1 L 1 Quart||3.9 L 1 Gallon||19 L 5 Gallons||200 L 55 gallons|
|Technical Data Sheet|
|Safety Data Sheet|
|Appearance||Clear and Colorless|
|PEL (ppm, 8-hr TWA)||202|
|Boiling Point||47°C / 117°F|
|Cleaning Strength (Kb)||99|
|Global Warming Rating (100yr)||<2.5|
|VOC Organic Content (g/L)||12.78|
|Surface Tension||21 dyn/cm|
- How Does Vapor Degreasing Work?
- Why Is Vapor Degreasing Better for Critical Cleaning than Other Technologies?
- How Can Cleaning with Vapor Degreasers Save Electricity?
- Why Do Heavy, Dense Solvents Clean Better than Lighter Fluids?
- How Does the Surface Tension of a Solvent Affect My Cleaning Results?
- What Is a 'Kb Value' and What Does It Mean?
- What is the Best nPB Replacement?
- Are Vapor Degreasing Solvents Flammable?
- How Does the Viscosity of a Solvent Affect My Cleaning Results?
- How Does the Boiling Point of a Solvent Affect Cleaning Results?
- Do MicroCare Solvents 'Turn Acidic' Like Old-Style Cleaners?
- What Are the Benefits of Azeotropes for Precision Cleaning?
- What's an Azeotrope and Why Should I Care?
- What Are the Benefits of Using a Vapor Degreaser? How Does It Save Me Money?
- What's the Difference Between an Aqueous Ultrasonic Cleaner and a Vapor Degreaser?
- What is MIM?
- Why Consider a Vapor Degreaser?
- What Does Vapor Degreaser Hardware Cost?
- What Is a 'Wetting Index' and What Does It Tell Me About a Solvent and Cleaning Results?
- Are There Any Materials Compatibility Problems with MicroCare Solvents?
- How Do I Choose a Debinding Fluid for 3D Printed Metal Parts?
- What Is Viscosity?
- Are MicroCare Cleaners SNAP Approved and Accepted?
- What Is the Meaning of a Fluid Toxicity Rating, Like a PEL or TLV?
- What Is the Truth About the Toxicity of nPB?
- Are There Different Solvent Grades of Purity?
- Is a Bi-Solvent Cleaning System a Good Option for Critical Cleaning?
- Is Co-Solvent Cleaning in a Vapor Degreaser a Good Option?
- Which Solvent Is Best to Remove Insoluble Particulate?
- Is Personal Protective Equipment Required When Working with Solvents?
- What's the Proper Disposal Process for MicroCare Solvents? Can They Be Recycled?
- How Do I Ship MicroCare Solvents and Keep Freight Costs Low?
- Do MicroCare Cleaners Contribute to Global Warming?
- Are MicroCare Critical Cleaning Fluids Ozone-Safe?
- Do MicroCare Vapor Degreaser Cleaners Contain Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)?
- Are MicroCare Vapor Degreaser Cleaners F.D.A. Approved?
- Are MicroCare Precision Cleaners Mil-Spec Approved?
- What Is “Critical Cleaning”?
- What Is nPB?
- What Are Halogenated Solvents?
- Can I Use nPB in My Cleaning System?
- Can I Use TCE (Trichloroethylene) In My Vapor Degreaser?
- Can I Use IPA in a Vapor Degreaser or Ultrasonic Cleaner?
- Will MicroCare Solvents Work with Ultrasonics?
- Which Precision Cleaning Fluid Is the Mildest?
- Which Precision Cleaning Fluid Is the Strongest?
- How Does Vapor Degreasing Save Energy?
- Environmentally Better Cleaning with Opteon SF80 Specialty Fluid
- Vapor Degreasing Explained
- Coming Clean on Vapor Degreasing: What It Is and How It Works
- How to 'Go Green' with Critical Cleaning
- It's Easy to Cost Justify Vapor Degreasing
- MicroCare Leads the Way on Safety Regulations and Compliance
- Lab & Analytical Services from MicroCare
- MicroCare Critical Cleaning Experts
- The MicroCare Reliable Care Way
- Energy Savings in Metal Parts Cleaning
- Environmentally Better Metal Cleaning
- Go Green with Critical Cleaning
- Top 5 Cost Saving Reasons to Switch to a Better Cleaning Fluid
- Top 5 Reasons to Switch to a Safer Solvent
- What is an Azeotrope?
- Case Study #12 - Dewaxing MIM (Metal Injection Molded) Parts
- Case Study #14 — Brazed Heat Exchanger Needs Perfect Cleaning
- Case Study #15 — Cleaning Mixed Flux Residues from PCBs
- Case Study #18 — Degreasing Metal Engine Valves
- Acid Testing — an Essential Process With nPB-Based Solvents
- 4 Types of Parts Contaminant and How Opteon™ SF80 Removes Them
- Top 10 Reasons to Switch to Opteon™ SF80 Vapor Degreasing Fluid
- Cost-Effective Cleaning with Vapor Degreasing
- Develop Your Cleaning 'Scorecard' - Criteria in Selecting Cleaning Equipment
- Maximize Profits and Productivity by Avoiding Inflexible Cleaning Processes
- Cleaning Scorecard Checklist Helps You Determine the Best Cleaning Method
- Choosing a Metal Parts Cleaning Method: What You Need to Know
- Building Sustainability into Your Cleaning Process
- Going Green to Clean with Vapor Degreasing
- Vapor Degreasing Infographic
- Rethink Your Cleaning Process: Modern Vapor Degreasing is a Good Option
- Vapor Degreasing: An Economical Choice for Precision Cleaning
- Reduce Energy Costs with Vapor Degreasing
- Aqueous Cleaning Costs Explored; Report Published
- Vapor Degreasing – A Triple Threat to Contaminant
- Vapor Degreasing Fluids Remove Difficult Lead-Free and No-Clean Fluxes from Modern PCBS
- Top Ten Reasons to Switch to a Better Solvent
- Using the Numbers to Determine Worker Safety
- Ultimate Guide to nPB Replacements
- From Harmful Solvents to Modern Sustainable Cleaning Fluids
- How to Choose a Debinding Fluid for 3D Metal Printing
- Finishing Fluids for 3D Printed Parts
- Switching to a New Fluid: How to Measure Debinding Success